Thursday, May 13, 2004

48 film festival screening aka: check your god damn audio people!

Last night I was able to convince (it wasn't that hard) a friend to go with me to the first screening of the DC 48 hour film festival. 8 films all between 3-8 minutes made in only 48 hours. How could this possibly go wrong! Well they weren't all that bad. I'm sure if I had attempted it, my piece would have been just as craptastic. But the lovely monochromatic director who was standing in front of us made for some lovely conversation about sitting on faces. Apparently there is another round of the 48 in the fall. I'm going to try and get on a team or make a team.

But I was going through the new AFI Preview and they are doing a Hitchcock series (although, didn't they already have one?) and are showing Vertigo. On the big screen. happiness!